Sunday, February 6, 2011

Frustrating myself to death

To put it simply, Friday was extremely frustrating. A big thing that happened was that I had a doctors appointment, but the receptionist scheduled it at the wrong time. Upon arriving back at school, my friends then asked me how it went. But how could I tell them what happened just by drawings and actions? Of course, I soon realized that about 5 minutes later after looking like an idiot when I finally gave up. Just like Postman stated that you cannot do philosophy with smoke signals, I could not convey a complex idea with the few simple resources I had to communicate, it never worked, nor will it ever work.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that it was extremely hard to tell a story or explain anything in detail on Friday without talking! I got frustrated too and eventually would give up on trying to explain something. I found it interesting how you end saying the fact that we can not communicate this way will never change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NI agree that it was extremely difficult to try and get your point across by just drawing our using actions. You "cannot do philosophy with smoke signals."

    ReplyDelete